>Teen Book Reviews
>Suggestions & Comments
>Services For Teachers
READING COLORS YOUR WORLD!
Our eBook resources are still available and being updated weekly. If there is a title you are looking for that we don’t have on Overdrive, please request the title be added and we will add it to the collection.
Follow us on Social Media!
Teen @Home Craft Information
Crafts will be available for pickup starting on Tuesdays in June and Wednesdays in July! All craft kits will be available for pick-up in the Young Adult room while supplies last, unless noted below.
Weekly crafts being offered:
- Pony bead zipper pull
- Taco cord wrap
- Incredible heat shrink plastic sheets!!!
- Friendship bracelets
- The Baby Yoda (Grogu) craft!!!
- Miniature painting kits
- Nailed it! (Special sign up ahead of time for this one. Pick-up in the building required. Details and a link to register will be available sometime in June. This craft will not be available until sometime in July.)
Teen @home craft — Nailed it!!!
Registration is now open. There are limited spots available so sign up sooner than later.
Craft kits will need to be picked up in the teen room on July 21st! You must submit pictures as per the instructions contained in the kit no later than July 28th. Prizes will be awarded for best cake decorated!
Registration for the Cedar Falls Public Library Summer Book Club is now open!!! We will meet on Monday nights 7-8pm online either via Zoom or Google Meet. And we will be discussing everything book related. New books, books you are reading for a class, graphic novels, audio books, and future releases. A common book to read once a month that can be picked up either curbside or by way of an in person appointment will be announced after the first meeting on June 7th. If you have any questions prior to registering, please email the teen department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Book Club will meet on Monday nights this summer from 7-8pm!
The May term at the University of Northern Iowa offered a Capstone class on Monsters, Vampires, and Religion: An Awesome Alliance Here are the student final project presentations based on young adult novels available to watch on YouTube.
Open to all teens ages 12-18 and in grades 7-12. This summer we will be playing Dungeons & Dragons and other roll playing games on the following Saturdays via the Roll20 website.
For those of you who have wanted to make custom Minecraft skin, here is a document on how to make your own! >How To Use and Make a Custom Minecraft Skin!
And coming Summer 2021 exclusively to the Cedar Falls Public Library!!!
- These are online only Minecraft sessions.
- You must have Internet access at home.
- You must have your own Mojang Minecraft account.
- You must have your own PC or Laptop capable of running Minecraft.
You will be notified the day of with any changes to login information.
If you have any questions, please email the Teen Department at email@example.com
- Stay home and play video games on any of the current gaming consoles! Or any retro console you have available.
- Game systems available: PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. We also have the previous generation of consoles and you can play on the PCs in the teen room if you want!
- Mondays: 3:00-8:00 pm
Tuesdays: 1:00-6:00 pm
Wednesdays: 1:00-6:00 pm
Thursdays: If there is a staff member in the room, gaming will be allowed until 5:30 pm
Fridays: If there is a staff member in the room, gaming will be allowed until 5:30 pm
Saturdays: 1:00-4:00 pm
Sundays: 1:00-4:00 pm
- If there is no staff member present, console gaming will not be allowed.
- Effective June 5th, 2018: Teens will need their library card number in order to use one of the computers in the YA room. If you do not have a library card, you can get a guest pass from the teen librarian.