>Teen Book Reviews
>Suggestions & Comments
>Services For Teachers
Our eBook resources are still available and being updated weekly. If there is a title you are looking for that we don’t have on Overdrive, please request the title be added and we will add it to the collection.
Teen night is returning to the CFPL on Thursday Nights this fall from 6-8pm! Once a month we will have an after hours activity for teens! Registration is not required unless it is specified here. Dates for each month are below!
October 7th — NERF WARS!!!
Teens are required to bring their own Nerf Blasters from home!
- Standard type Nerf Blasters only!
- No Mega
- No Rival
- No GL/Missile type
- Teens are not allowed to bring their own darts from home, no exceptions to this rule. If you bring your own darts from home you will be asked to leave.
- Facemasks and safety glasses are encouraged due to the physical nature of the activity.
November 11th — THE FLOOR IS LAVA!!!
December 2nd — TBA
Teen Take n Make Crafts!!!
Teen Take n Make kits will be available to pick up once a month. The kits will be available to all teens ages 12-18 who are also in grades 7-12. Registration is required every month unless specified. The dates every month you can pick up a craft are listed below.
October 6th — TBA
November 10th — TBA
December December 8th — TBA
Fall2021/Spring 2022 Teen book club will begin meeting on September 14th from 4-5pm!
We will meet in the Young Adult Room and then take our meeting outside in September!
Future Dates are:
October 12 — TBA
November 16th — TBA
December 14th — TBA
New books, books you are reading for a class, graphic novels, audio books, and future releases. A common book to read once a month, all sorts of things book related. Fall dates and times will be announced in August and we will resume meetings in September or October. If you have any questions prior to registering, please email the teen department at firstname.lastname@example.org
The May term at the University of Northern Iowa offered a Capstone class on Monsters, Vampires, and Religion: An Awesome Alliance Here are the student final project presentations based on young adult novels available to watch on YouTube.
Open to all teens ages 12-18 and in grades 7-12. If you are interested in playing Dungeons & Dragons with a group this fall. Please register with the link below.
We will begin meeting one Saturday a month in October the date will be announced in September
For those of you who have wanted to make custom Minecraft skin, here is a document on how to make your own! >How To Use and Make a Custom Minecraft Skin!
Minecraft will return starting in September one Saturday a month.
Dates we will be playing are
September 11th — Online session only
October 9th — Both online and at the CFPL
November 6th — Both online and at the CFPL
December 4th — Both online and at the CFPL
- September’s Minecraft sessions will be online only all other sessions we will have laptops with Minecraft and library user accounts available at the CFPL
- You must have Internet access at home.
- You must have your own Mojang Minecraft account.
- You must have your own PC or Laptop capable of running Minecraft.
You will be notified the day of with any changes to login information.
If you have any questions, please email the Teen Department at email@example.com
- Stay home and play video games on any of the current gaming consoles! Or any retro console you have available.
- Game systems available: PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. We also have the previous generation of consoles and you can play on the PCs in the teen room if you want!
- Mondays: 1-6 pm
Tuesdays: 1-6 pm
Wednesdays: 1-6 pm
Thursdays: If there is a staff member in the room, gaming will be allowed until 5:30 pm
Fridays: If there is a staff member in the room, gaming will be allowed until 5:30 pm
Saturdays: 1-4 pm
Sundays: 1-4 pm
- If there is no staff member present, console gaming will not be allowed.
- Effective June 5th, 2018: Teens will need their library card number in order to use one of the computers in the YA room. If you do not have a library card, you can get a guest pass from the teen librarian.