Discover new lands, learn new things, and broaden your imagination as you take off on a reading adventure.
The Final Countdown
The end of the year is fast approaching, but there’s still plenty of times to hunker down and complete your reading goals! From November 25th to December 31st, log the books you’ve read and the minutes you’ve read on Beanstack to gain points. When you reach 50 points, you’ll win a prize! This challenge is for kids and teens 0-18.
Books Like US
From January 1st to January 31st, Cedar Falls Public Library will participate in Beanstack’s Fourth Annual Winter Reading Challenge, sponsored by Simon & Schuster. Books Like Us is a celebration of diversity, harnessing the transformative power of seeing oneself reflected in a book. This Winter, participating communities are invited to explore these books, from authors spanning an array of diverse backgrounds.
We challenge our patrons/students to read at least 600 minutes (20 minutes/day) during the month and keep track of their reading on our Beanstack site at https://cedarfallslibrary.beanstack.org/ . This program is available for patrons of all ages.
How does Beanstack work?
First, you need to create a Beanstack account. Parents can also create accounts for their children. Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate challenges for which you can register based on your age. There are challenges for kids, teens, and adults. If you wish to be contacted about prizes and drawings, please include an email address as part of your Beanstack profile. The Beanstack app is available for iOS and Android. If you experience technical problems with the app, please contact beanstack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to cedarfalls.beanstack.org
- Click on the blue “Register an Individual or Family” button.
- Fill in the information! If you are a parent registering a child, be sure to enter
your information in under “Adult Information.” Beanstack allows families to
be linked together, so that all family members can be accessed with one login.
- Once you are registered, you will be taken to your account page. This is where
you will log your minutes and activities and track the badges you earn!
How to log minutes/activities
- Go to cedarfalls.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker app for Android
- Click on the blue “Log Reading and Activities” button in the upper left
corner or on the blue plus sign in the app.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to log whatever you’ve accomplished.
- When you hit a reading landmark, you will receive a badge and may be
eligible for a prize!