The Cedar Falls Public Library offers proctoring through our Reference Department on the second floor of the library. Our guidelines for proctoring are:
- Exams are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment contact the Reference Department at:
Cedar Falls Public Library
524 Main Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
Phone: (319) 268-5543
- Please do not send attention to a particular staff member. Use the above as contact information.
- Students must take the test during the library’s open hours and are responsible for allowing extra time in case staff are busy assisting others. Library closures and changes in hours will be posted on the website and Facebook. Library hours are as follows:
Monday-Wednesday 10am-9pm Thursday-Friday 9am-6pm Saturday 9am-5pm Sunday 1pm-5pm
- All exams must be completed 30 minutes before the library closes.
- The student is responsible for the cost of printing of the test, which is 10 cents a page. If the test needs to be faxed back to the school, the library charges $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. There is no cost to scan and email the test back to the school. Any postage not covered by the school to mail an exam is the student’s responsibility. All costs are due at the time of the exam.
- A photo ID is required at the time of your exam.
- Online exams will be given on the public access computers or the student's laptop. Special software cannot be installed on the library’s public access computers.