Please consider volunteering!
Caring for the local library can be done through donating volunteer time. The Friends make a difference in this community by providing a bridge with the library. If you would like to volunteer at the library, please click here to fill out our volunteer application.
|Board Members||Membership Committee||Book Nook Volunteer|
These are the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- commit to a 3 hour shift
- shelve books as directed
- assist shoppers
- be the cashier
- be a welcoming presence at the library
Book Outreach Team
- 2 to 3 hours per month
- Work as a team to select and/or deliver books to nursing homes and to homebound persons
- Occasionally provide food such as a dessert or salad for FOTL-sponsored events
Special Events Assistance
- Assist at one-time special events as needed
Green Thumb Gang – Landscape Maintenance
- Assist with landscaping maintenance at the CFPL
Special Projects Assistance
- Assist library staff working on special projects
Traveling Tales for Pre-Schoolers
- Help with the Traveling Tales library program.
Photographer for Library Events
- Take photos at library events.
- Become a member of the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library board.
|Green Thumb Gang||Food Provider||Special Events|
For more information on the Friends, contact Friends of the Library Vice-President Sue Doody at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (319) 273-8643.