Please note this page is being updated as library staff adapt library services to accommodate our closure to the public. New resources may be added as we become aware of them. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Closed to the Public
Cedar Falls Public Library is closed to the public March 17, 2020 through (at least) April 10, 2020. During this time, we are currently planning to staff our building in order to provide some remote services on a reduced basis.
Our public Wi-Fi is available 24/7 and is accessible from our parking lot. Please connect your devices to CFPL-PUBLIC and agree to our Terms and Conditions to get online.
eResources Accessible with a Cedar Falls Library Card
No library card? No problem! Give us a call at (319) 273-8643 (9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday) and we will set you up with a Library Lite card while we are closed to the public. This will give you access to all of our digital resources and content:
- Libby (eBooks & eAudiobooks)
- Overdrive (eBooks, eAudiobooks, & Streaming)
- Hoopla (stream music & movies, checkout eBooks, eGraphicNovels & more)
- Tumblebooks (eBooks for children)
- Freegal (each week you can download 5 songs to keep & stream 3 hours of music)
Cedar Falls Public Library offers free public Wi-Fi 24/7 that is accessible from our parking lot. You can park in our lot, connect to our Wi-Fi, and load up your devices with content. Be sure to completely download eBooks/eAudiobooks while you’re connected.
Librarian Recommendations for Families with Students
- Parent Resources (education, homeschooling, and much more)
- Storytime (links to recorded storytimes and other resources)
- Free Online ACT/SAT Prep Tests
Information on Coronavirus