Please consider volunteering!
The Friends make a difference in this community by providing a bridge with the library. If you would like to volunteer at the library as a member of the Friends, >click here to complete an application to join the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library.
These are the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- commit to a 3 hour shift
- shelve books as directed
- assist shoppers
- be the cashier
- be a welcoming presence at the library
Book Outreach Team
- 2 to 3 hours per month
- Work as a team to select and/or deliver books to nursing homes and to homebound persons
- Occasionally provide food such as a dessert or salad for FOTL-sponsored events
Special Events Assistance
- Assist at one-time special events as needed
- Decorate, set up rooms, photography, etc.
Green Thumb Gang – Landscape Maintenance
- Assist with landscaping maintenance at the CFPL
Special Projects Assistance
- Assist library staff working on special projects
- Assist staff as needed
Traveling Tales for Pre-Schoolers
- Help with the Traveling Tales library program.
Photographer for Library Events
- Take photos at library events.
- Become a member of the Friends of the Cedar Falls Public Library board.
For more information about volunteering with the Friends, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (319) 859-3286.