These book discussion groups are open to anyone. Feel free to drop by a discussion. You are welcome to come and listen to the discussion even if you have not read the book.
Below are the book lists for the morning and evening discussion groups for 2018-2019.
Morning Book Discussion Group
Meetings are usually held at 10:15 a.m. on the last Tuesday of the month.
- August 28, 2018: Theme: Growing Poverty in the U.S. Choose any or all of the following titles:
- Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America’s Class War by Joe Bageant
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance
- What’s the Matter with Kansas? by Thomas Frank
- Rainbow Pie by Joe Bageant
- September 25, 2018: Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides
- October 30, 2018: Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- November 27, 2018: Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict
- December 18, 2018: Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (Third Tuesday)
- January 29, 2019: Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- February 26, 2019: The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History by John M. Barry
- March 26, 2019: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- April 30, 2019: Select books for 2019-2020
Evening Book Discussion Group
Meetings are usually held at 7:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month.
- September 4, 2018: A Killing Snow by David Hoing and Roger Hileman
- October 2, 2018: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- November 13, 2018: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
(Changed due to Election on November 6th)
- December 4, 2018: Death by Eggnog by Alex Erickson
- January 8, 2019: The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
(Changed due to January 1st is a holiday)
- February 5, 2019: Carry On Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
- March 5, 2019: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- April 2, 2019: Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- May 7, 2019: Decide book list for for 2019-2020