NOTICE: Curbside printing is UNAVAILABLE while the library building is closed for carpet installation. Please use the Community Center Computer Lab for printing.
While the Cedar Falls Public Library has reduced capacity, we are offering Curbside Printing. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Send your print job via our Print Center, which requires a library card to login.
- Username = library card number. No password is required.
- We can accept Microsoft Office, pdf, jpg, png, and txt formats. We are not able to print items that need to be logged into (Google Docs, email messages) or websites. Please name your print job with your name and a description (ie. “Jim Smith resume” or “karen jones tax forms”) and make note of the name.
- Print jobs may be submitted Monday-Friday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- The charge for printing will be added to your library account (Please see >Computer Policy for more information on printing costs)
>Click here for complete Print Center instructions
2. Once you submit your print job, call (319) 268-5543 to arrange pick-up.
- Print jobs need to be printed within one hour of submission, so call shortly after you submit your print job.
- Staff will do their best to get back to you as soon as possible if they are not available. Print jobs stay in our queue for one hour and then will not be available for staff to print. Therefore, print jobs will be accepted Monday-Friday 10:00 am-5:00 pm.
- You must provide your library card number and print job name when you call to schedule a pick up time.
- Staff will give you instructions on where to park when you arrive. If you are walking, staff will provide instructions.
- If you are unable to leave your home due to health restrictions and unable to have somebody pick up your print job for you, you may request to have them mailed to you.
- Pick up times are available during the following times:
- Monday: 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Tuesday – Friday: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
3. Arrive on time at the curbside location, the north-west door of the library
- Show us your photo ID through your car window, leaving the window closed. If you have not yet opened your trunk or empty passenger seat, do so after we confirm your identity.
- If you are on foot, hold up your photo ID for library staff to review, maintaining a distance of six feet.
4. Staff will deliver your print job
- If you are in your car, the envelope with your print job will be placed in the trunk or empty passenger seat.
- If you are walking, staff will place your print job in the designated pick-up area.