the Co-Lab is available by appointment only for individuals or groups with five or fewer people.
The Collaborative Laboratory (Co-Lab) is on the second floor of Cedar Falls Public Library. Completed in early 2019, the Co-Lab will host classes and be a space that registered users can reserve for individual or group use. To learn more about becoming a registered user and reserving the Co-Lab, please read our >Co-Lab Policy.
In order to use our Co-Lab, please complete a >Co-Lab User Agreement. User Agreements must be turned in at the Second Floor Reference Desk, where they may also be obtained; please bring your Cedar Falls Public Library card when turning in a User Agreement.
Those who have completed a Co-Lab User Agreement may reserve the Co-Lab. The >Co-Lab Reservation Form must be turned in at the Second Floor Reference Desk, where it may also be obtained.
Complete Equipment Lists
Inside the Co-Lab:
- Best Press starch
- Bone folders
- Button Maker (3″, 2.25″, and 1″ sizes available)
- $0.10 per button
- Clip on desk lights
- Crayola colored pencils, crayons, and markers
- Cricut 12×24 mats and tools
- Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut washable fabric pen
- Decorative scissors, child scissors, left-handed scissors, regular office scissors
- Dry-erase marker kit
- Electric pencil sharpener
- Fussy cut templates
- Ironing board
- Paper trimmer (12″)
- Self-healing rotary mat
- Sewing Machines
- Sharpies, regular and ultra fine
- Silicone craft mat
- Tape dispenser
- Washer Stamper jewelry kit
- $0.50 per washer, cord included
- >MyIntent Maker How-To Guide
Outside the Co-Lab:
- Apple iMac
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Autodesk Maya
- Sketchup Pro
- Canon CanoScan 9000F Flatbed Scanner
- MakerBot Replicator+ 3-D Printer
- Microfilm Reader
- VHS to DVD Conversion Station
- DVD-R discs available for $0.25; we recommend bringing your own storage
Construction of the Co-Lab was made possible by generous donations from the Black Hawk County Gaming Association, the Cedar Falls Community Foundation, the Friends of Cedar Falls Public Library, and the City of Cedar Falls.