NOTICE: The Cedar Falls Public Library building is open for limited-capacity Quick Browsing. >Curbside is also available.
Because our building capacity is limited, please limit the time you spend in our building to only what you need to accomplish your reason for visiting. This helps keep our capacity lower so that more people may use our services during this time. As much as we’d love to “get back to normal,” we are not quite there according to our reopening plan. Thank you for understanding and helping us serve as many people as we can!
While Black Hawk County is at the moderate (orange) risk level or lower, the library building is open. Currently, the library offers limited-capacity browsing so patrons may visit the library for browsing, checkouts, picking up holds, printing, and using a computer. The maximum number of patrons who can be in the building at one time will be limited, and a >counter app will display the number of openings in real time on our web page and on a monitor in the library atrium, and will be linked to on our Facebook page. Patrons are encouraged to limit their visits to just the time they need. Seating is limited to computer stations. Computer use will be first-come-first-served, and extensions of computer time will be possible only when there is no one waiting.
Mondays: 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesdays through Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Book Nook will be open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays during browsing hours.
Cleaning will be done at the end of the day. Patrons are encouraged to take additional safety precautions to ensure their health and safety. Masks or cloth face coverings, completely covering the nose and mouth, are required at all times in the building for those age two and older. For those who cannot, should not, or will not wear a mask and for those who wish to limit their contact with others, curbside service will continue. Appointments for curbside are NOT required; please call 319-273-8643 (circulation desk) when you arrive at our curbside location and your materials will be delivered to your car. >Click here for more information on curbside
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone entering the building over the age of two must wear a mask. If you, or anyone in your party, choose not to wear a mask or cannot wear a mask, we offer our >No-Contact Curbside Service instead.
- Masks (or a cloth face-covering that completely covers your mouth and nose) must be worn the entire time you are in the library.
- If we are near capacity and your party total will put us over capacity, please wait until there are enough spots available before entering the library
- When you arrive, please maintain a distance of at least six feet from others when entering the library or waiting in line.
- Follow posted signs and directions.
- Make sure you have your mask, library card or photo ID, and any other important items you need with you before entering the building so that you do not need to leave to retrieve anything.
- You will not be allowed to enter the library without a mask.
Additionally, the following safety measures have been implemented:
Signage and floor decals are in place to indicate physical distance of at least six feet at service areas.
Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, and disinfectant wipes are available for wiping hard surfaces.
Some furniture has been removed. Seating is only available at our computer stations.
All toys, games, puzzles, and other playthings have been temporarily removed from the youth department.
Drinking fountains are currently unavailable, but water bottle fillers are still available on the first floor.
Because masks are required at all times in the building, please do not consume food or drinks during your appointment.
Computer and device assistance is limited to what is possible from a distance of six feet.