NOTICE: The Cedar Falls Public Library building is currently CLOSED to the public, as of October 29, 2020. >Curbside is available.
Be advised the information below is NOT current.
To improve efficiency, the Cedar Falls Public Library is tweaking the browsing hours process. Beginning Monday, September 14, patrons will no longer need to make an appointment to visit the library for browsing, checkouts, picking up holds, printing, and using a computer. The maximum number of patrons who can be in the building at one time will be limited, and a >counter app will display the number of openings in real time on our web page and on a monitor in the library atrium, and will be linked to on our Facebook page. Patrons are encouraged to limit their visits to just the time they need. Seating is limited to computer stations. Computer use will be first-come-first-served, and extensions of computer time will be possible only when there is no one waiting.
Browsing hours will be as follows:
Mondays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Tuesdays through Fridays: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m.
The Book Nook will be open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays during browsing hours.
Cleaning will be done after each browsing period. Masks or cloth face coverings, completely covering the nose and mouth, are required at all times in the building. For those who cannot, should not, or will not wear a mask and for those who wish to limit their contact with others, curbside service will continue. Appointments for curbside are still required; please call 319-273-8643 (circulation desk) to schedule a curbside appointment. >Click here for more information on curbside
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone entering the building must wear a mask. If you, or anyone in your party, choose not to wear a mask or cannot wear a mask, we offer our >No-Contact Curbside Service instead.
- Masks (or a cloth face-covering that completely covers your mouth and nose) must be worn the entire time you are in the library.
- If we are near capacity and your party total will put us over capacity, please wait until there are enough spots available before entering the library
- When you arrive, please maintain a distance of at least six feet from others when entering the library or waiting in line.
- Follow posted signs and directions.
- Library staff will count you when you arrive and leave: please be sure you are counted so our building capacity is as accurate as possible
- Make sure you have your mask, library card or photo ID, and any other important items you need with you before entering the building so that you do not need to leave to retrieve anything.
- You will not be allowed to enter the library without a mask.
Additionally, the following safety measures have been implemented:
Signage and floor decals are in place to indicate physical distance of at least six feet at service areas.
Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, and disinfectant wipes are available for wiping hard surfaces.
The library will be closed from 12:00-2:00 p.m. each day for cleaning.
Some furniture has been removed. Seating is only available at our computer stations.
All toys, games, puzzles, and other playthings have been temporarily removed from the youth department.
As you are browsing, please place items you have touched but do not want to check out on the designated carts/tables for staff to quarantine before re-shelving.
Drinking fountains are currently unavailable, but water bottle fillers are still available on the first floor.
Because masks are required at all times in the building, please do not consume food or drinks during your appointment.
Computer and device assistance is limited to what is possible from a distance of six feet.