Beginning July 6, we will be offering appointments for CFPL patrons to browse the shelves, check out materials, and use computers. All plans are tentative and subject to change, based on the current COVID-19 numbers and recommendations of the Black Hawk County Health Department.
Before calling to schedule an appointment, please read the following:
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, everyone entering the building must wear a mask. If you, or anyone in your party, choose not to wear a mask or cannot wear a mask, we offer our >No-Contact Curbside Service instead.
- Masks (or a face-covering that completely covers your mouth and nose, such as a bandanna, neck gaiter, scarf etc.) must be worn the entire time you are in the library.
- A reservation is required for each person in your party: for example, a family of five will need to reserve five spots.
- Computer appointments have a limit of one hour; we cannot extend computer sessions longer than an hour.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stand at least six feet from others and wait at the door from the atrium into the library until a staff member checks you in. Follow posted signs and directions.
- Please be sure you have your mask and library card or photo ID with you before entering the building. You will not be allowed to enter the library without a mask.
- Call one of the following Service Desks to schedule an appointment:
- Circulation Desk: 319-273-8643
- Reference Desk: 319-268-5543
- Youth Department Desk: 319-859-3282
Additionally, the following safety measures have been implemented:
Signage and floor decals are in place to indicate physical distance of at least six feet at service areas.
Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, and disinfectant wipes are available for wiping hard surfaces.
The library will be closed from 12:00-2:00 p.m. each day for cleaning.
Some furniture has been removed.
All toys, games, puzzles, and other playthings have been temporarily removed from the youth department.
As you are browsing, please place items you have touched but do not want to check out on the designated carts/tables for staff to quarantine before re-shelving.
Drinking fountains are currently unavailable, but water bottle fillers are still available on the first floor.
Because masks are required at all times in the building, please do not consume food or drinks during your appointment.
Computer and device assistance is limited to what is possible from a distance of six feet.