Welcome adult readers! Whether you’re a busy caregiver participating in summer reading with your littles or an adventurous reader seeking a challenge, you can earn some delicious rewards by logging your reading with us!
You can can keep track of your reading & activities through Beanstack. Pre-registration for our Summer Library Program is now open. However, reading logged before June 7th does not count.
Choose which badges you want to earn based on your own summer reading goals; badges for reading are worth 1 point each, and there are a few badges for non-reading activities worth 5 points each, all of which can be found under Activity Badges. Earning 10 points gets you a gift card for a sweet treat, and 20 points will get you gift cards for pizza or beer. And remember, all types of reading counts whether it’s print, electronic, or audio!
Paper logs available upon request.
*All prizes will be distributed by mail after the Summer Library Program ends July 31. Upon earning the Sweet Treat badge and the Pizza badge, be sure to fill out the Google form linked in each to provide your current mailing address and to claim your prize.
How does Beanstack work?
First, you need to create a Beanstack account. Parents can also create accounts for their children. Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate challenges for which you can register based on your age. There are challenges for kids, teens, and adults. If you wish to be contacted about prizes and drawings, please include an email address as part of your Beanstack profile. The Beanstack app is available for iOS and Android. If you experience technical problems with the app, please contact Beanstack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to cedarfalls.beanstack.org
- Click on the blue “Register an Individual or Family” button.
- Fill in the information! If you are a parent registering a child, be sure to enter
your information in under “Adult Information.” Beanstack allows families to
be linked together, so that all family members can be accessed with one login.
- Once you are registered, you will be taken to your account page. This is where
you will log your minutes and activities and track the badges you earn!
How to log reading & activities
- Go to cedarfalls.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker app for Android
- Click on the blue “Log Reading and Activities” button in the upper left
corner or on the blue plus sign in the app.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to log whatever you’ve accomplished.
- When you hit a reading landmark, you will receive a badge and may be
eligible for a prize!
Questions? Email: email@example.com or call the library at 319-273-8643.